Primary research methodology or qualitative research methodology is considered as one of the most important methods to gather the data for your academic paper. The primary research method is a direct way to gather the data for your academic paper. The most important ways to collect the data by using the primary research method are to conduct the interviews, surveys, and to observe the different happenings. If you want to conduct an error-free primary research, then you should try to get an idea about the most common errors that can happen while collecting the data by using the primary research method. The most common types of the errors in this regard are population specification errors, sampling errors, selection errors, non-response errors, and measurement errors. If you have enough idea about the happening of these errors and the best techniques to remove these errors, then you can conduct the error-free primary research.
Tips to prepare yourself to conduct an error-free primary research
After getting enough idea about the most common errors that can happen during the process of conducting the primary research, you should try to prepare yourself to conduct an error-free primary research. The most important tips in this regard are given below;
- To select an interesting question is one of the crucial aspects to conduct the primary research. If you are able to select the best question for your academic paper, then it will be easy for you to understand, focus, and investigate the research question in an effective way. After selecting the research question, you should try to narrow it down in order to make it manageable for the process of conducting the research. If you are not able to find out such a question, then you can get help from the dissertation writing services.
- To get an idea that what is written by the other people about the topic that you have selected in order to conduct the primary research, you should try to do a literature review.
- You should try to get an idea that whether will you be able to gather the required results about that topic by conducting the primary research or not.
- To prepare an ideal sampling size, you should take a brief review of the required outcomes and available financial resources.
- As we know that there are a lot of ways to collect the data for your academic paper by using the primary research methodology. The most important ways are action research, ethnography, phenomenology, ground theory, and case study You should select one of them.
Tips to collect and analyze the data
After preparing yourself for the process of conducting the primary research, the next step is to collect and analyze the data. The most important tips in this regard are given below;
- There are a lot of methodologies that are adopted by the students in order to collect the data for an academic paper like direct observation, participant observation, interviews, surveys, and direct analysis. You should select one of them in order to gather the data for your academic paper.
- After collecting the data, you should try to analyze the data and try to keep only that which is more relevant to the topic of the academic paper. The most important techniques to analyze the data are coding, descriptive statistics, narrative analysis, and content analysis and you should try to select one of them.